Saturday, January 11, 2014

REMEMBERING YOUR BIRTHDAY CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a fun birthday card to share with you, perfect for any cupcake~lover! Well maybe not a guy, but it would work for anyone who likes pink...and sprinkles:) I used the sets Remembering Your Birthday and Create A Cupcake. I started with a Strawberry Slush base and embossed it using the Perfect Polka Dots Folder and Big Shot. On top of that I added a layer of Quatrefancy Specialty DSP that I notched out with a 1" Circle Punch. I added some 1" circles in Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight and Pool Party that I adhered to the back before attaching.


I atamped the sentiment in Strawberry Slush and wiped off the word sprinkles with a baby wipe. I then colored the letters with Tempting Turquiose, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight and Pool Party Markers and stamped it onto Whisper White Cardstock. I attached a Pool Party flag to the back decorated with a Pool Party Candy Dot and Early Espresso Baker's Twine. For the cupcake, I punched the base out with the Cupcake Builder Punch in Chocolate Chip and used the Simply Scored to resemble a cupcake liner. For the top, I punched out the frosting from a piece of Strawberry Slush Cardstock and covered it with Sticky Strip. I then swirled Strawberry Slush Ruffle Trim 'frosting' all over it conforming it to the shape. I adhered the top part to the WW Cardstock using Glue Dots and used Dimensionals to attach the bottom to the cardstock. I then sprinked it with Brights, Neutrals and Subtles Candy Dots.


I couldn't resist adding some sprinkles to the inside as well! I just used the Cupcake Builder Punch again to make the sprinkles and glued them in place with Liquid Tombow.


This card was a little more time-consuming than others but well worth the extra effort I think. Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the sunshine today:)

1 comment: