Friday, January 31, 2014

GIFTS OF KINDNESS CARD:

Hello there! Did you think I fell off the face of the earth? Sorry for the break. My hubby and me signed up for the Body Makeover Challenge at the Y and we've been hitting the gym an hour a day, and planning and cooking healthy meals takes a lot of time. Throw a 2 year old in the mix and it's amazing I get anything done at all!

I've had two dear friends lose loved ones to cancer recently~a brother and a daughter. I can't even begin to imagine. I made them each this card using the set Gifts of Kindness.

I started with a base made from the Natural Composition Specialty DSP. I added a Tea Lace Doily to the corner and trimmed off the excess. I made a tag out of Very Vanilla Cardstock and some Linen Thread. I used the Cupcake Builder Punch to punch out the smaller hole and the Itty Bitty Punch Pack to punch the larger one. Not an easy task~why SU! did away with the handheld circle punches, I'll never know???

I colored the image with Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding Markers. I stamped the flowers a sceond time, cut them out and layered them on top with Glue Dots. For the flower center, I just knotted a few small pieces of Linen Thread, attached them to a Glue Dot, trimmed off the ends and flufffed them up a bit. I added a strip of Venetian Romance DSP behind the tag and stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede. I just wanted to let my friends know that I was thinking about them and praying for their families.

As some of you may know, SU! is having a promotion for My Paper Pumpkin. Through February 10th, new subscribers get a FREE set of In Color Markers~a $14.95 value! I'm so excited for my current subscribers and the brand new ones, as they are going to be beefing up the kits starting with February's kit. I've seen a sneak peek of the February & March kits and they look awesome:)

These are the cards that came in January's kit, Love Notes~just in time for Valentine's Day. The top card is made according to one of the samples in the kit, and the other 3 I did my own thing. That's what's so great about these projects; and I had tons of stickers left over to use on something else:)

This kit was extra fun because there were 2 different cards. Unfortunately, this kit is no longer available, but if you sign up by February 10, you'll get the Welcome Kit, along with a block and the FREE Markers, and you'll get in on the March kit, which I know you'll love!

I need to apologize for these pictures...I'm breaking in a new camera and trying to figure out the lighting business, which I haven't done yet obviously. Bear with me~you know how I love technology!

And this month was extra exciting because SU! threw in a surprise gift! Gotta love those guys:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment