Saturday, November 9, 2013

WARMTH & WONDER CARD:

Hello there! Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday. I sat down to do it and the computer wasn't working again! At least this time it wasn't on my end:) By the time Hurricane Q left last night, I was too wiped out to do it. So I better get to it now. This is the last of the cards we made at Card Night. I used the fun Circle Card Thinlit Die along with the Big Shot to make a cool card that flips when you open it. I also used the Hostess set Warmth & Wonder. I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the trees with Crumb Cake ink as well. I stamped the snowflakes and snow on the trees with Whisper White Craft ink. The deer and sentiment were stamped in Soft Suede.



For the wreath I used the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch to punch out the center of a square of Always Artichoke Cardstock. I then used the scallop circle that comes with the die and centered it around the smaller scallop circle to form a wreath. I repeated the same process for the wreath on the other side. I punched out 5 branches for this wreath and glued them in a circle using Liquid Tombow and being careful to keep the glue to the center of the branches so I could bend them up. I tied a bow around the wreath using Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.


I stamped the wreath with the snow image to give it a little interest. Crap...I thought I took a picture of the flip side of this wreath, but apparently I didn't. I'm sorry, but I'm just too sore & lazy to go take another picture, lol.  On the back side, I made another wreath without the branches and wrote From the Mellingers using the White Chalk Marker and adding another Cherry Cobbler bow to that wreath as well. I wrapped a piece of Cherry Cobbler Stitched Edge Ribbon around the card and added a Naturals Button with a piece of CC Baker's Twine through the center.

Thanks for bearing with me through this 'trying to get back on my feet' process. Today my knees hurt so bad I want to cry. Probably from walking on them funky for the past 31/2 months. I had physical therapy twice this week and she worked me over good on Thursday. My foot is all swollen and sore again:(...wahhh. I'd like to pop a pill but I got my little buddy coming soon to terrorize me, so I better not... Make sure to stop back tomorrow-I have a cute snowman project for you to take a peek at for this month's Paper Crafters Sampler. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Very rustic looking with the colors you used! I love how you made the wreath and all the wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your sweet comments Kathi:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you'll see my comment Laura, since it's "only" 4 years later, haha! Your card is so creative and pretty! I'm using this stamp set this year. Especially love your idea for creating the wreath! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete