Saturday, October 26, 2013

HALLOWEEN HAPPINESS FILE FOLDER CARD:

Hello there! Happy Saturday to you. I have another Halloween card to share with you today. I've got to get as much use out of this happy Jack as I can-he's just to cute not to! I love the fun File Folder cards I've been seeing around and thought I needed to make one. It's super easy to make using the new Envelope Punch Board-I think that's what it's called. I goofed in an earlier post saying that it makes 26 different sized envelopes. I lied...it makes 66! But I didn't use it for an envie with this card, just the fun tabs at the top. I started with a Pumpkin Pie card base, but turned the open end facing up. I adhered a strip of Witches Brew DSP to the top and lined the cardstock flush with the right side of the punch board and punched. I then moved the left edge of the cardstock to the 3" line and punched again. I used the new Paper Trimmer to trim a bit off, stopping when I hit the tab.



Again, I adhered a strip of DSP to the inside upper edge. I used Season of Style DSP and then flipped the card over and repeated the same process as for the front of the card. Make sense?


I then decorated the front of the card with Polka Dot Parade DSP and added a decorative border using the Big Shot and Adorning Accents Edgelits in Whisper White. I added a strip of Basic Grey Stitched Ribbon over the top. I stamped the gang in Pumpkin Pie, wiped off the stems with a baby wipe, and colored the stems in with an Old Olive Marker, and stamped the image onto Whisper White Cardstock. I cut it out with the Ovals Collection Framelits and added a cute little Old Olive Ribbon Clip-not sure of the name-I left my catalog upstairs and I don't feel like crawling up to get it:) I finished it off with a bit of Basic Black Chevron Ribbon and a Brights Button with White Baker's Twine through the center.


It's a little rough around the edges, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it when I make more; which I definitely will! You should give it a try too! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment