Thursday, June 20, 2013

REALLY GOOD GREETINGS CARD:

Hello there! As you've figured out, I didn't make it back yesterday. Our son and his new girlfriend-love her!, came over for supper and it turned into a late night. So to make it up to you, I've got 2 posts for you today! The first is a card made with Really Good Greetings. I started with a Summer Starfruit base and used the Birthday Basics DSP again. I absolutely adore this pattern. It jumped out at me the first time I went through the new catalog-love it!


I broke out the Crisp Cantaloupe for the first time, and I like it. I don't have the new In-Color Markers yet, so I inked up the whole stamp in Crisp Cantaloupe and wiped off some of the ink with a baby wipe. I then colored in the sentiment with Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit Markers. These colors work beautifully together. I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla and layered it onto Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock. I punched out the flower with the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch and used my Paper Snips to notch petals all around. I added one of the new lovely Very Vintage Buttons with a Calypso Coral Baker's Twine bow. I popped the flower and the sentiment up with Dimensionals.

Before I adhered the DSP to the Summer Starfruit Cardstock, I added a piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Ribbon and attached the bow with a Glue Dot. I also added a strip of the new Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffle Trim-love this stuff! I tucked some banners underneath that were made with the Big Shot and Bitty Banners Framelits.

And, as I promised, onto the next project...

I got my monthly gift, and it came a day early-gotta love it! Of course I'm talking about My Paper Pumpkin! Many have said this is their favorite so far. I was in the minority and not crazy about it at first.  But after I started working with it and put my spin on it, I really do like it too.

It's kinda hard to see, but the card front has 5 hexagons that you punch out and stamp a heart on the inside, which peeks through the holes. I added some Dimensionals to the chevron images to give it a little extra depth. I also added a Pumpkin Pie Taffeta bow and one of the new Brights Buttons with Early Espresso Baker's Twine through the center.

This is how the card is designed in the kit. I thought it was a little too heavy at the bottom, so I feft some of the hexagons off. That's what is so great about these kits-you can add some embellishements if you want or just go with the design provided. And the best part is that you can whip up 4 of these in under a half hour! Everything is prepped for you and ready to go! If you're interested in finding out more, go to www.mypaperpumpkin.com and check out the video.

Well thanks so much for visiting. I'm getting started on another project for you. I've got Hurricane Q tomorrow, so hopefully I get it finished! Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

    You can press claim as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or Dollars.

    ReplyDelete