Sunday, June 30, 2013

BRIGHT BLOSSOMS CARD:

Hello there! Happy Sunny Sunday to you! Here's a happy card sure to put a smile on your face:) I need to think happy thoughts today. As you may know, I entered the Artisan Contest this year, and many of the finalists were notified on Friday. I didn't get a call:( But actually, it's really okay. I already have a pretty full plate, and can barely keep up with what I'm doing now. And I got some really exciting news earlier in the week. Melanie from Paper Crafters Sampler asked if I'd like to be on the design team for this online publication. I was more than a little nervous to commit in case I was selected for the Artisan Design Team, which means coming up with 4 projects each month, 200 wedding invitations and who knows how many favors to make,  and of course the daily drama of living with a 1 1/2 year old. So I think the good Lord was probably saving me from a nervous breakdown! You can see the Paper Crafter's Sampler website here: http://papercrafterssampler.blogspot.com/. I'll let you know more once I figure out what I'm doing. Okay, on to today's card...I used the fun set Bright Blossoms and a great new set called A Dozen Thoughts. I started with a Basic Grey base and used the Simply Scored and Borders Plate for the detail on the edge. I stamped the sentiment in Whisper White Craft ink and embossed it with White Embossing Powder.


I added a strip of DSP from I Am Me and flagged teh bottom. Next, I used the Big Shot and Squares Collection Framelits to cut out a large Whisper White square and 4 small squares in So Saffron, Real Red, Calypso Coral and Pool Party. I created a sweet little ric-rac, or rick-rack, I'm never sure which is right, border with the Tasteful Trim Die. I stamped the images in the same inks as the paper, with the addition of Old Olive for the leaves, and the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get everything in the right place.I added a piece of Calypso Coral Baker's Twine and tied it in a bow and then used the 1" Circle Punch to punch them out and popped them up on their squares with Dimensionals. I couldn't resist adding the Candy Dots in Brights and Subtles, and the trio of tiny Subtles Buttons.

This was a fun card to make and I hope it brings a little sunshine into your day! Make sure to stay put and check out the cards for this month's 'Kits/Cards To Go'. There are 11 to choose from this month. Please email me your choices at lmel09@q.com and if you're wanting the Kits or Cards. Remember, you get to pick any 4 and the prices are listed on my blog homepage on the upper right hand side. Please have your selections to me by Friday, July 5th. The # for each card is listed ABOVE it:

                                                                                1)
 
 
2)
 
 
3)
 
 
4)
 
 
5)
 
 
6)
 
 
7)
 
 
8)
 
 
9)
 
 
10)
 
 
11)
 
Okay, those are  your 11 choices. Remember, pick any 4 and let me know if you want the Kit or Cards. And let me know by Friday, July 5th. Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment