Thursday, May 30, 2013

HOOP LA LA CARD:

Hello there! I hope you're all in one piece today! Our shed is in the neighbor's back yard two houses down, and we have broken and uprooted trees all around us. Craziness! I had to wake up Quinten early from his nap in case we had to move to the basement, so that tells you how drastic things were getting around here! Well, we're getting down to the last few cards of the current catalog. This card features the set Hoop La La, which I dearly love. Sadly, this is the first card I've made with it. I did use it for one of my Artisan projects though, so it has seen some love:) I started with a Very Vanilla base and added a piece of Storytime DSP. I used the Big Shot to cut out the frames using the Window Frames Collection Framelits for the So Saffron frame, and the Apothecary Accents Framelits for the Pool Party frame. I used the Essentials and Festive Paper-piercing Packs along with the Mat and Tool for the detail on the frames.

I colored the tulip image with Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi and Basic Grey Markers. I put Dimensionals between all the layers except for the bottom frame, to give it some dimension. I triple-stacked the Dimensionals for the 'hello' sentiment for it to lay flush. I strung some Pool Party Baker's Twine through the label and added a trio of Brights Brads.

I love the combination of bright and subtle colors in this DSP and am really going to miss it. I'm going to try to knock out another couple of cards to post by tomorrow using Moving Forward and Easy Events. I've got a full day of Quinten tomorrow, so we'll see how far I get??? Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment