Monday, April 22, 2013

PERFECTLY PRESERVED CARD:

Hello there! This is the last of my card & candle duos that we made for the auction that was held yesterday. The school surpassed their goal, so I'm glad we were able to help contribute a little bit. Like I mentioned in the last few posts, I've been getting lots of inspiration from the samples that SU! has postd to my DBWS. You can see them here: www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net. This is another design that I borrowed from them. I had to change up the DSP because they used Orchard Harvest, which is now retired. I used the Calypso Coral sheet from the Sent With Love DSP, but I like the gingham they used much better.


I thought this was a perfect card to 'pear' up with my hubby's Pear Glaze Candle. It smells exactly like Victoria's Secret version-if they still make it? Anyway, I used the Perfectly Preserved set and coordinating Cannery Framelits.

As with the others, I started with a Crumb Cake base and I ran it through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and added a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on top. I rounded the corners and used the Duo Ticket Punch for the top and stapled it to the cardstock. I stamped the pear image 3 times, once in Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral. I stamped 3 of the stem images in Lucky Limeade and cut them all out using the Framelits. I stamped the sentiment and ran it through the Big Shot also with the Framelits.  I adhered the pears with SNAIL and attached the stems with Liquid Tombow Glue. I cut a skinny strip from the DSP and adhered it with Tomlow Liquid as well. I tied a Linen Thread bow through one of the Naturals Buttons and attached it to the card with a Glue Dot and slid the sentiment underneath. This was a super quick and easy card to make and I think works just as well in the warm weather as in the fall. I hope you enjoyed these lovely couples over the past few days...and speaking of lovely couples...make sure to check back here tomorrow for a bridal shower invitation I've been working on for my neice who's getting married. See you tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment