Friday, April 19, 2013

OH, HELLO CARD & CANDLE:

Hello there, or should I say, Oh, Hello there! Sorry, couldn't resist. Like I said in yesterday's post, SU! has some really great project ideas posted on my DBWS. I needed some cards quick to donate to an auction for one of our local schools, so I helped myself to some of their designs. This card was made with Oh, Hello, a set I drug my heels in getting, but I've really grown to love it.

My hubby makes the most scrumptious candles and he picked out some to donate, so I came up with a card to coordinate with each one. The candles are Primitive/Folk Art in design, so I wanted to use a Crumb Cake base for each card to coordinate with the labels.

I thought the Tea For Two DSP would work well for this card, but there wasn't any lavendar in it, so I made my own DSP! I layered some Wisteria Wonder DSP from the In Color Stack, under the chevron design, cut some out and glued them in place. And did you notice the amazing stitching on this card??? I'm so excited to have finally put my Christmas present to good use! My sweet hubby got me a really nice sewing machine, and to be honest, I've been kind of afraid of it. It's digital and well, if you know me, I'm technologically challenged, so I just kind of avoided it. But this was so much fun! Can't wait to do another one-which I better do quick, before I forget how!

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot using the Labels Collection Framelits. I then used to Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up the chevron image in the background which was stamped in So Saffron. I cut a strip of the newsprint design in the same DSP and flagged the bottom. I attached the tag onto the flag with Dimensionals, and then added a pair of roses from the Flower Trim. I threaded-or is it thread?-a piece of Linen Thread through a Vintage Faceted Button, tied a bow and attached it with a Glue Dot. 

That's it for this card-pretty simple really! But I thought it turned out quite lovely. I had to change it up a bit from the card I CASED-go check out the original at www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net and click on Project Ideas. Check back here tomorrow for another idea that I stole, er borrowed. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment