Thursday, April 4, 2013

DUDE, YOU'RE WELCOME CARD/ODE TO BAJA BREEZE:

Hello there! Let me start by saying it's a sad, sad day around here and I am grieving over the loss of a dear friend! As some of you may know, SU! is doing a small Color Refresh and some of our favorites are going away. I'm extrememly saddened to announce that Baja Breeze is one of them.  As I was going through the list, I was in agreement with most of them until I got to Baja Breeze, and I literally gasped. Follow mw to the end of this post and I'll give you the list of the retiring colors and the ones they're being replaced with.

This card is made with the Dude, You're Welcome Kit. It's designed to be user friendly for a guy to be able to make some simple, yet really nice cards.

It comes in a REALLY nice box~I was kind of surpised, pleasantly, in the quality. He, or you...who are we kidding, could definitely find a good use for the box when you're finished with the cards.

The kit comes with 12 envelopes-I'm thinking they might be the new Smoky Slate that we're going to be seeing in the next catalog???And 12 notecards in heavy duty, manly cardstock. 8 of them have designs exclusive to this kit. Very nice! And they all coordinate very well with Baja Breeze, might I add!

The kit also comes with 4 images-2 blocks which are double-sided. They say: Thank You, Special Occasion, I ----You, and # % & @ ! It also comes with a Basic Grey Stamp Pad, and instruction booklet-that they won't read. Actually it's pretty cute, so they might. And even an Official Man Card Sticker that says Real Men Build Cards.

I added a Baja Breeze base abd added layered a piece of Basic Grey underneath one of the cardstock pieces. I also added some Basic Grey Stitched Ribbon and a Silver Basics Button with Pool Party Baker's Twine. As I said earlier, I'm in mourning over the loss of Baja Breeze. I'm hanging on to the hope that someone from the Home Office will see my post and I will receive a card like this in the mail soon:

Here's hoping that they realize the error of their ways and will make the correction soon! Until then, here's the list of the colors that will be retiring: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, BAJA BREEZE, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard and River Rock.

The 10 colors that will be replacing them are: Bermuda Bay, Calpyso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, SOFT SKY, Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo and the new Smoky Slate.

The new colors will be available when the new catalog goes live on May 31st, and
 there will be a New Color Kit containing all the new colors. The retiring colors are on a first come, first serve basis. So if you're wanting to stock up on any of them, you should probably order them soon. And right now is the perfect time as SU! is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders from April 6-8.

One final reminder, if you're interested in trying My Paper Pumpkin out, you need to order by April 10 to get this month's kit-and please check me as your demonstrator!:) See all the details here: www.mypaperpumpkin.com. You can see more details about the Dude, You're Welcome Kit and all the other new arrivals at www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net. Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy this beautiful day-if you're up to it...I'm not sure that I am yet. Feel free to send me condolences, flowers and chocolate...eh, just chocolate....

10 comments:

  1. I KNOW! I was in SHOCK for sure...I JUST talked with a customer yesterday about the fact that I thought that Bashful Blue would go, but Baja Breeze should be safe...ugh...I think I will dedicate a spot in my room for all my Baja Breeze collection...I think that calls for wine or Starbucks to take away the sting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt! Just say when! I am heartbroken...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so totally agree! I was so happy when Baja Breeze was one of our regular colors.....and now it's being discontinued?! Bahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa It's one of my favorite colors!!!!! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!!!Maybe we could start a petition!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, they should consult with you before making such decisions! I will truly miss my Baja and Old Mustard. Two of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! And I really liked Riding Hood Red too, but it's not as traumatic as Baja!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also a huge fan of Baja Breeze. I took advantage of the free shipping this weekend to stock up on card stock (6 packs, lol) and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That will keep you busy for awhile April! It makes me sad every time I think about it :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,too, am SO bummed that Baja Breeze is leaving us ~ I loved your note!!! Wouldn't that be so cool if you had that much clout with SU and they brought it back??? Very cute post; hope the people at SU see it - how cute would it be to post it in Stampin' Success! Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't that be awesome Gayle?! Thank you so much for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete