Sunday, April 21, 2013

COLLAGE CURIOS CARD:

Hello there! Happy sunshiny Sunday to you! It's a little nipply out there, but I'll take it. Today I have a card made with Collage Curios and Fabulous Friends.  I borrowed the layout from my DBWS again. It's such a time saver to have a great design in place before you even get started. If you haven't already, check back to the previous post for a link to where you can see tons of great project ideas from SU! I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a piece of So Saffron Cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder. I layered a piece of DSP from Summer Smooches on top of a piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. On top of that, I added a strip of Tangerine Tango that I ran through the Stripes Embossing Folder. And on top of that, I added a piece of Lucky Limeade that I ran through the Big Shot using the Tasteful Trim Die. I added a little interest with the Paper-piercing Mat, Tool and Essentials Pack, and tied a piece of Linen Thread around it. I attached it with Dimensionals.


Next, I punched out a scallop from the Cherry Cobbler DSP Stack with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch. I punched a circle from Primrose Petals Cardstock and stamped the image with Primrose ink as well, using the 1" Circle Punch. I popped this up on 2 layers of Dimensionals and stuck it to the inside of a large Soda Pop Top.. I cut the butterfly out with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die and added a flower to the center with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack from Crumb Cake Cardstock. I added a Rhinestone Jewel to the center and attached it with a Glue Dot. I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and tucked it under the Pop Top.

I paired this card up with an Apple Jack Candle, one of my hubby's top sellers. I changed the color scheme up a bit from the original card as I needed to coordinate some Cherry Cobbler into the card. Cherry Cobbler is a perfect match to his Apple Jack. I think they used Melon Mambo on the original card, which looked better, but it didn't match, so we couldn't have that now could we?

Thanks so much for coming by today! Make sure to stop back tomorrow. Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment