Wednesday, April 17, 2013

BLAST OFF CARD:

Hello there! I'm back again with a set that has seen very little love from me-Blast Off. I think this set is adorable and I'm hoping it carries over to the next catalog, but in case it doesn't, I wanted to make sure I got it inked up at least once! I started with an Island Indigo base and stamped the background image in it as well. The DSP is from World Spectacular.


For the space ship, I covered the rocket things with scotch tape and stamped the image in Cherry Cobbler ink. I then removed the tape, colored them with an Island Indigo Marker, and stamped the image onto a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock. I used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch to punch out the window and cut the spaceship out. Next, I stamped the bumper image-okay, space ships probably don't have bumpers, but you know what I mean-in Daffodil Delight, cut it out and adhered it over the Cherry Cobbler. I placed the spaceship where I wanted it and lightly traced the inside of the circle with a pencil. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the little astronaut inside the circle. Next, I stamped the flames in Calypso Coral ink and used a Cherry Cobbler Marker to color the dotted lines. Then, I punched a circle out of a Window Sheet using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and glued it onto the back using Liquid Tombow Glue. I adhered the space ship onto the cardstock with Dimensionals.

I stamped the planet image in Daffodil Delight onto DD Cardstock and punched it out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I stamped the image again, cut out the ring and attached it with Dimensionals. Then adhered the circle to the card using Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso onto Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, flagged the ends and attached them with SNAIL. Finally, I added a few stars punched out with the Merry Minis Punch Pack and attached them with Glue Dots. The little alien dude was just too cute not to use, so I stamped him onto the envelope and on the inside. Thanks so much for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for a cute little treat holder. Stay dry!

2 comments:

  1. I too have this set and never inked it, what a shame...LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get busy girl! Thanks a bunch James!

    ReplyDelete