Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WONDERFEUL MOTHER/FOR THE BIRDS CARD:

Hello there! Looks like we might be getting a little closer to spring...let's hope! Today, I have a Mother's day card for you using Wonderful Mother and For the Birds. I started with a Whisper White base and added 2 prints from Twitterpated DSP. I added a strip of Rose Red that I ran through the Scallop Edge Border Punch. I tied a piece of the lovely Two Tone Ribbon in Pink Pirouette around it and tucked a sliver of a Tea Lace Doily underneath. I added a couple of the roses from the Flower Trim and went over them lightly with a Pink Pirouette Marker.

I love the look and feel of this ribbon, but I was having a hard time finding what to put with it. I noticed one of the ends was frayed and the threads were Rose Red, so that's what I went with.

I stamped the image in Basic Grey onto Whisper White Cardstock and punched it out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. I used Pink Pirouette and Rose Red Markers, and a Blender Pen with Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade and Basic Grey Pads. I used a pencil eraser in Baja Breeze for the polka dots and added some Dazzling Details sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds for some extra sparkle.

I stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey onto Pink Pirouette Cardstock and punched it out with a 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I finished it off with an Antique Brad that I took the prongs off of, and attached it with a couple of Glue Dots.

I was happy with the soft, delicate feel of this card. I made this card after I made a card to coordinate with the Floral District bag and gift card easel for the St. Louis Regional. I liked the layout and decided to duplicate it for this card. Here's the initial card I came up with:

Like I said, everything was pretty much the same except I used Floral District DSP and Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight Cardstock. I used the Scallop Dots Ribbon in Tangerine Tango and attached the bow with a Glue Dot.


For the background, I used a Sponge Dauber in Baja Breeze. I also added a couple of Baja clouds punched with the Cupcake Builder Punch.


I finished it off with a couple of Brights Buttons and Whisper White Baker's Twine.


For the envelope, I duplicated the same detail that I used on the bag. Here's the bag and gift card easel that this card coordinates with:


I hope you like these bright and cheery cards that I have for you today. Stop back tomorrow for a couple more fun projects. Thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments: