Saturday, March 30, 2013

RAIN OR SHINE CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a card for you made with the set Rain or Shine. I needed a couple of cards today for a shower for twin girls, so make sure to check out the end of this post to see how I changed it up to work for twins. I started with a Certainly Celery base and added some DSP from the Subtles Paper Stack to the top and bottom. I added a strip of Pool Party Cardstock that I punched with the Scallop Dots Border Punch.

On a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock, I stamped the umbrella in Pretty in Pink ink and cut it out. I got it positioned where I wanted it on a piece of Whisper White and stamped the handle in Certainly Celery. I colored the band with a Rich Razzleberry Marker. I moved the umbrella out of the way and stamped the handle. Using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I centered the umbrella over the handle and stamped it again in Rich Razzleberry to get the hearts along the bottom-which I did not want to cut out! I attached the pink umbrella over the Razzleberry one with Dimensionals, and then added a Brights Brad using the Paper-piercing Tool and Mat. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig again to line up the sentiment. Oops, I should back up...before I added the brad and pink umbrella, I stamped the heart image off in Pool Party ink, and stamped the shower of hearts. Before I adhered the Whisper White Cardstock, I wrapped a strip of Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon around it, and then attached it with SNAIL.

Finally, I added a bow with a Glue Dot and added a couple of Subtles Buttons with Pool Party Baker's Twine through the centers. I attached the buttons with Glue Dots.


The Rain or Shine set has the sentiment for a bridal shower also, so it's very versatile.


For the shower today, I made the card horizontal and added another umbrella. I stamped the adorable potted baby image from the Hostess set Happy You on the envelope, and it looks really cute to add the drops of water or hearts over the baby.

I also made each of the girls a name frame to coordinate with their bedding. I wasn't too sure about pairing Rich Razzleberry with the pastels, but those were the colors in the crib set. And actually, it grew on me-I liked how it all coordinated when everything was done. Sorry the frames didn't photograph too well. I should have taken the glass out before I took pictures, but I had already cleaned it and wasn't going to again!

These banners may look familiar to you. I took the idea from Shelli's Easter baskets that she made for her grandkids. You can see her adorable creations at www. soshelli.com.

I used the Spring Sampler and the fun new photopolymer set Designer Typeset-totally clear, and totally sticky!. I used Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery and Pool Party Cardstock. I used the Subtles and 2011-2013 In Color DSP Stacks, along with Tea For Two and Summer Smooches DSP.

I used Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink and Pool Party ink. I used the Paper-piercing Mat and Tool to poke holes in the banners and strung Whisper White Baker's Twine through them. I used the Petite Pennant Punch and Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack for the little flowers. I also used the Big Shot along with the Petal Cone Die and Hearts A Flutter Framelits. I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to add a little texture. Finally, I added a little bling with a Vintage Faceted Button and a couple of Basic Rhinestone Jewels.


In addition to Jessica's 4 month old twin girls, she has 2 young boys also and I didn't want to leave them out. I made Andrew a name frame using Polka Dot Parade and Storytime DSP. I used Whisper White, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party and Riding Hood Red Cardstock, and Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi ink.


I used a Brights Brad and Linen Thread to string the banner together.


I used the Chevron, Stripes and Argyle Embossing Folders. I added a Naturals Button and threaded it with Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine. I used a stapler on some of the pennants.

For Landon's frame, I used Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP and Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey Cardstock. I used Pacific Point ink and Island Indigo Baker's Twine along with a Silver Basics Button.

Well I still got some baking to do and cleaning, ugh! It's so pointless with a 15 month old on the loose, but I guess I'd better get to it. I'm singing at church in the morning and have caught Quinten's cold-I pray that I don't sound like Kermit the Frog in the morning! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment