Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SENT WITH LOVE CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a card for you made with the set Sent With Love. It's only around for a short time, so I wanted to make sure you knew about this exclusive set. It's only available in clear mount and the cost is $17.95, but it's a much better deal to get the Pretty Bundle and save 20%! The bundle includes the stamp set, Sent With Love DSP and Calypso Coral Baker's Twine. The cost for the bundle is $25.50, and this is only available until April 30th, so I wanted to give you a heads up! You can see more details here: www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net.

As soon as I saw this set I knew I had to have it. My dad worked for the FAA and loves anything airplane, so this will be the birthday card I give him in May. I'm going to be way ahead of the game for a change-thank you SU!!! I started with an Island Indigo base and ran it through the Big Shot with the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder. I used 5 of the 12 designs in the DSP-there are just too many fun ones to choose from! I cut the banners out with the Hearts A Flutter Framelits. I used the Handheld Punch to punch out holes at the top of each banner and strung some Calypso Coral Baker's Twine through them and knotted the ends. For fun, I added a pair of Mini Brads and I put a Dimensional on the back of each banner to add some depth and to keep them placed where I wanted them.

I threaded some more twine through a Sycamore Street Button in Calypso Coral and attached it to the banner. You can't believe how long it took me to decide between this and the Pool Party Button! I think there's something seriously wrong with me! :}

I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral and cut it out with the Bitty Banner Framelits, and snipped the ends to make an arrow. I stamped a strip in Pool Party with Pool Party ink, and another in Calypso Coral with Calypso Coral ink. I staggered them and attached them to the sentimet along with another Mini Brad.

And check out the fun envie! I used every stamp in this set for this card and matching envelope. I love it when I can do that-makes me feel like I really got my money's worth!

You can even make a seal for the back of the envelope-too much fun! The colors that are in the DSP are: Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Real Red and Whisper White-so fresh and so clean, clean! Oh, and I almost forgot...I added a couple of Whisper White clouds made with the Cupcake Builder Punch. I hope my dad will love his 80th birthday card, and I hope you do too! Thanks so much for landing here, and remember this special offer will be taking off soon...sorry, couldn't help myself! I'll see you back here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment