Wednesday, February 13, 2013

PATTERNED OCCASIONS NOTECARDS:

Hello there! Today I have some sweet little notecards that I made using the set Patterned Occasions. Can you tell that this is my favorite SAB set? I also used the Note Cards & Envelopes which made them a snap to put together. My husband is going to a conference this week-end for Operation Christmas Child and wanted to bring his fellow Area Coordinators a gift. He makes the most scrumptious candles and asked me if I would make some cards to go with them.

The Note Cards are pre-cut and scored, so all I had to do was fold them in half. I used Summer Smooches DSP and coordinating cardstock in Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade. I used Stamp Pads and Markers in the same colors.

After I stamped the image, I punched it out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and pierced it with the Essentials Paper- Piercing Pack, Mat and Tool. I covered the flower image with scotch tape before I stamped the elephant,and then used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get perfect placement for the flower. I used the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack for the flower and added a Brights Brad to the center.

I popped up the circle with Dimensionals and attched it to the flagged cardstock strip.

Some of the cards will be going to guys, so I opted for a heart instead of the flower. The mini heart was punched out with the Owl Builder Punch and attached with a Glue Dot.

For the envelopes I used the set A Fitting Occasion, which has a miniature elephant who fits perfectly in the bottom corner.

For the inside, I used the set Trust God. The sentiment reads:
                                                  God has given us two hands-
                                                        One to receive with
                                                             And the other
                                                             To give with.
                                                                           -Billy Graham
It sums up the work of Operation Christmas Child perfectly, and the President of the ministry is Franklin Graham-the son of Billy Graham. So I thought it was a perfect fit! I hope you liked these bright and sunny notecards. Check back soon for some more inspiration. Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment