Friday, February 1, 2013

MOVING FORWARD CARD:

Ahoy mateys! Thanks for stopping by! I have a sweet card for you today using the RMHD set Moving Forward. I'm really dating myself with this card. Anyone out there remember The Love Boat? It was one of my favorite shows back in the day. Moving forward...I started with a Whisper White base and layered it with some Riding Hood Red. On top of that I used 2 designs of DSP from Storytime. I wrapped a piece of Basic Grey Stitched Ribbon aroung the RHR strip and attached it with Sticky Strip. I stamped the sailboat in Baja Breeze, along with the bouncing waves. I stamped the boat again in Basic Grey, cut out the top of the boat, and glued it in place. I colored the top of the pole with a Basic Grey Marker. Next, I used the Owl Builder Punch for the heart and added a couple of Neutrals Brads to the boat.

I added a Baja Breeze mat around the boat and adhered that to a larger mat of Riding Hood Red with a border made with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. Then, I tucked 3 little Baja Breeze flags under the RHR piece. I used lots of Dimensionals between the layers. Finally, I used the Simple Serif Alphabet to stamp the sentiment and used the Owl Builder Punch again to punch out the letters. I attached them with Glue Dots.

Initially, I had planned to use this little window thingy-what's it called?, on the card, but I couldn't get it to fit, so I put it to good use on the envelope. I used the 1" Circle Punch to punch a circle in Basic Grey. I then centered the 1 1/4" Circle Punch over that and got this little circle frame. I used the Big Shot with the Delicate Doilies Sizzlet to get the little circles and glued them on with Liquid Tombow Glue. Sorry I can't think of all these technical terms-I should have consulted Captain Stubing! Finally, I added a heart to the center punched with the Small Heart Punch.

I hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane, and I hope you like this card as much as I do.
I'm going to have to take a short break and get busy on my taxes. I have 8 cards that you can pick from for February's 'Kits/Cards To Go'. Here they are with the number for each card ON TOP:
                               
#1)
 
 
#2)
 
 
#3)
 
 
#4)
 
 
#5)
 
 
#6)
 
 
#7)
 
 
#8)
 
Okay, these are your choices. You can pick any 4. The prices for the 'Kits To Go' and 'Cards To Go' are on the home page to the right. Just email me which type of Kit you'd like and give me your selections. The deadline to have your Kits ordered and paid for is Tuesday, February 5th. If you're wanting Valentine's Day selections, please let me know ASAP so I can get started on them and get them to you on time. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: lmel09@q.com.  Remember, Club Members and Demonstrators get a discounted price, and the rate is cheaper if you pick them up. Thanks so much for stopping by! Hopefully things go well with the taxes and I'll be back here soon!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment