Sunday, February 24, 2013

MADISON AVENUE CARD:

Hello there! Sorry I didn't make it back here yesterday. I got into Schindler's List last night and couldn't tear myself away. This card was made with the SAB set Madison Avenue. It's not really a set that I would gravitate towards, but our Stampin' Success magazine had a card made with this set that I really liked. I adapted it from a square card to a traditional size and added a few more embellishments-imagine that! I used a Whisper White base and then ran a separate Whisper White square through the Big Shot using the SAB Vine Street Embossing Folder. I used a separate piece so I could wrap the ribbon around it. The ribbon along with the button are paired up as another SAB selection-Sycamore Street Button & Ribbon Pack. I stamped the top of the card with the leaf image in Pool Party, using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line it up seamlessly. I did the same with the border along the bottom, using Summer Starfruit and Calpyso Coral. FYI, I started with a Summer Starfruit base and stamped the leaf image at the top in the same ink. I don't recommend Summer Starfruit on Summer Starfruit-it's kinda putrid!

I stamped the sentiment in Island Indigo with Fabulous Phrases, punched it out with the Word Window Punch and flagged the end. I tucked it under a Calypso Coral circle stamped with the same ink and punched with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I popped it up with Dimensionals on top of a Pool Party scallop made with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch. I added some sweet little dots with a White Gel Pen. I used the SAB DSP Sycamore Street for the flags and attached them under the scallop. I finished the flower off with a Summer Starfruit center made with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and a Rhinestone Jewel. Finally, I threaded the button with Calypso Coral Baker's Twine and attached it with a Glue Dot. I love the Vine Street Embossing Folder and how it coordinates so perfectly with this set.

If you were like me and kind of overlooked this set, I hope this card helps you see some possibilities for it along with the folder. I'll have another SAB card for you tomorrow-I promise!-using the Bloomin' Marvelous set. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment