Thursday, February 21, 2013

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE CARD:

Hello there! We're obviously not going to be seeing Spring anytime soon, but maybe we'll see some sunshine! At least on this card we will! I used the single stamp You Are My Sunshine, along with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder. I started with a Crumb Cake base and layered it with a piece of Daffodil Delight that was embossed in the Big Shot. I stamped the image in White Craft ink onto Basic Black Cardstock and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I used a Dauber to get the chalkboard effect. I used the Scallop Border Trim Punch on Whisper White Cardstock and adhered it to the Daffodil Delight piece which I wrapped Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon around. I added a sweet little bow with a Glue Dot. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up the dotted line on the Basic Black.


Fot the busy little bees, I stamped the bee image from the Spring Sampler set onto Daffodil Delight using Basic Black ink. I punched them out with the 3/4" Circle Punch, and then stamped the bee again and just cut out his body. I punched the wings out of Vellum Cardstock with the Small Heart Punch and attached them to the circle with Glue Dots, and then added the bee body with Glue Dots as well.

I hope today's card inspires you to give the Chalkboard Technique a try, and to try out one of the Single Stamps too if you haven't already. Thanks so much for buzzin' by today-bee back here tomorrow for another fun Single Stamp card. Stay safe tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I made one similiar (without the bees-which are ADORABLE!)for March card class...

    ReplyDelete