Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SCENTSATIONAL SEASON CARD:

Hello there! I hope you are surviving the season so far! I've got all my presents wrapped, so I'm moving onto Christmas cards. So much fun-I love this time of year! This card is made with the Scentsational Season Bundle. I've been seeing this cute layout alot, so I thought I'd give it a shot too. At my card nights we make 3 cards with matching envelopes. I usually go with a Crumb Cake base/envie, Whisper White and Very Vanilla. I had already used Whisper White, so I used a Very Vanilla base for this card. Whisper White would have been better since the ribbons are white, but it works. I ran a piece of Chocolate Chip through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Then I ran a piece of Real Red through using the Two Tags Die. Underneath the tag, I layered a piece of Real Red polka dot DSP from the Paper Stack.

I added a piece of the striped DSP to the bottom of the tag and used my Snips to round the corners. I added a cute little scallop edge on one side of the tag using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. I made the hole in the tag a little larger and ran a piece of Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon through it and tied a piece of Real Red Stitched Ribbon around it. Next, I stamped the gingerbread man in Versamark and then in Soft Suede. I sprinkled some Sugar & Spice Embossing Powder onto him, which I had added some ginger, nutmeg and allspice to and mixed really well. I used the Heat Tool to set it and I tell you, he smells good enough to eat! I'll be making dozens of real ones in a week or so-fun, fun, fun!

Finally, I added a little banner and the sentiment was stamped with Sweet Essentials-quite fitting for this card wouldn't you say? I added a Brights Button and Early Espresso Baker's Twine to the banner, and finished him off with a little Real Red heart punched with the Owl Builder Punch. As you know, this is my most favorite color combination, so I knew I'd like the card before I even started it. I hope you like it too! Make sure to stop back tomorrow for another card to get you in the Holiday spirit. Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment