Friday, December 14, 2012

SCENTSATIONAL MILK CARTON HOUSE:


Season's greetings to you! I'd like to share this adorable treat holder gingerbread house with you. I wish I could take credit for it, but the amazing Heather Summers came up with this sweet little treat. You can see the one she made on her blog at www.stampwithheather.ca. I changed it up a little and added the Thank You sentiment as this was a gift for my Club Hostess this month. I used the Mini Milk Carton Die for the house using Soft Suede Cardstock. I also used the Scentsational Season Bundle to stamp and cut out the gingerbread boy, candy cane and Christmas tree. For the door, I used the Extra Large Oval Punch and added a Glimmer Brad and I added some Brights Brads buttons to the front of the little guy.

For the shingles, I used the Scallop Edge Border in Whisper White. I cut a wider piece at the top, scored it down the middle and attached it with Sticky Strip. You'll want to make sure you add your treats before you adhere it together. It holds 2 Lindor Truffles perfectly.

The gumdrops were made by using the Large Oval Punch. I punched them out of Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, and only used about 1/3 of the oval. I covered them in Dazzling Details and they look like the real deal.

I attached the tree by cutting a slit in the side of the box, approximately 1 1/2" in length and added a tiny bit of Tombow Liquid glue to the tree. I stuck the tree through the slit, or you could just attach it to the back of the house. After I had assembled and decorated my house, I added some Dazzling Details to the shingles, and added the banner that was colored with Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Markers. The sentiment was made with the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set and Bitty Banners Framelits. My hostess loved her little treat-thanks Heather! And I hope you enjoyed it too! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment