Thursday, December 13, 2012

CHRISTMAS WISHES CARD:

Hello there! I have another fun and festive card for you today. This was made with the Hostess set Christmas Wishes. Such a fun set-I love every image and it comes with a to/from stamp for making tags. I started with a Baja Breeze base and added some DSP from Floral District and the cute little houses are from Snow Festival. I added a Soft Suede border made with the Scallop Edge Border Punch, and tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine around it.

I stamped the balloon image in Soft Suede onto the Baja DSP. I then stamped it again in Cherry Cobbler onto Whisper White Cardstock and cut that section out. Next, I stamped the image onto Gumball Green and cut out the reindeer strip. Finally, I stamped the top portion in Primrose Petals onto Whisper White and cut it out. I adhered all the pieces onto the original Soft Suede balloon with Tombow Liquid Glue. The stark white background behind Santa bothered me, so I had to punch out a couple of circles of the Baja DSP and fill in some of the white space-I know, I have a problem.


For the clouds, I laid a piece of Vellum Cardstock over Whisper White and ran it through the Big Shot using the Holiday Collection Framelits. I adhered the Vellum to the cardstock using Glue Dots and put a star on top to cover up the Glue Dots, although you couldn't really even see them. I punched the stars out of the Silver Glimmer Paper with the Merry Minis Punch Pack.

I added a couple of Dimensionals under the top cloud on the right. I'm getting so excited for the big day-less than 2 weeks away! It's a good thing there's so much to do so the time will pass quickly...way too quickly! Make sure to stop by tomorrow for a fun little treat box for any good little girls or boys on your list. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment