Thursday, October 18, 2012

FRENCH FOLIAGE CARD:

Hi there. Sorry I missed a few days-still lots of painting and wallpapering going on. I can't wait to get these rooms done so I can share them with you. In the meantime, I have a few cards to share with you that we made at Club Card Night on Tuesday. This card is made with the lovely French Foliage set. I'm ashamed to say, I've had this set for about 2 years, and this is the first time it's seen ink! I've used one of the images-the blobby one-lots, but the poor leaves have been neglected until now. I truly like this set, but it's not really my style, so I've been kind of scared of it I think. But once I started working with it, it was pleasantly surprised with the result.

I used a Crumb Cake base along with the wonderful Orchard Harvest DSP. The leaf images were stamped off onto Naturals Ivory Cardstock, in shades of  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso. The sentiment is from Thoughts & Prayers.  This would also make a great sympathy card, as a couple of my 'card ladies' opted to do. What's amazing about this set is how realistic the leaves look. I used Early Espresso ink on More Mustard and Cajun Craze Cardstock. I cut them out, crumpled them up a bit and attached them with Dimensionals. But they look like they came from my yard-alot of fun to make! I slid one of the new Designer Ribbon Slides onto a piece of Early Espresso Stitched Ribbon and layered a piece of Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon underneath. I finished it off with a piece of Linen Thread that I wrapped around the Slide and knotted on the ends.  I was really pleased at how this card turned out. I hope you like it too! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! I love it and will be featuring it on My Crafty Picks #81 on 10-21-12 with a link back to your blog. Make sure to stop by and pick up your Blog Badge for being featured to display on your blog and to check out all the other picks too!!

    If you wish to decline please contact me to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete