Thursday, September 6, 2012

COMFORT CAFE CENTERPIECE:

Hi there! I want to apologize for the quality of these pictures. It's a challenge for me to get a good photo of these bigger items, but you'll get the idea. I was asked to make table decorations for an event at our church next week-end, and I wanted to share with you what I came up with. Mason jars are big now, so I thought I'd start there. Since we're heading into fall, I decided to go with the Comfort Cafe Suite, which has coordinating fabric and DSP. I made a couple of flowers using the Simply Scored Tool and used the the 2 3/8" and 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punches for the centers. I added the Naturals Buttons with Early Espresso and Pool Party Baker's Twine to the centers. I glued them onto skewers and added a piece of Stitched Satin Ribbon-which you can get for FREE this month with a $40 purchase!

The colors in the suite are Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Cajun Craze and Midnight Muse. A perfect color palette for this time of year.

I used the Floral Frames Framelits and the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch for the flowers on the jar. The sentiment was punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and I added a border with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. Sorry, the sentiment is retired, but it works perfect for our event. I added a strip of DSP with a border made with the Tasteful Trim Die and the Big Shot.

I added a piece of DSP to the inside of the lid and punched a hole in the lid-with the now retired, but have no idea why, Crop-O-Dile. I strung a piece of twine through the hole and tied it to the top of the jar.

Of course I had to decorate the back of the jar too! Finally, I added some aquarium rocks to the jar to anchor the skewers. I hope you got some good ideas for any events you may have coming up. Hopefully my order comes tomorrow so I can make up some other designs to share with you. Thanks so much for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment