Saturday, September 1, 2012

BRING ON THE CAKE CARD:

Hi there! Sorry I missed yesterday; there just weren't enough hours in the day! I'll try to post 2 cards tomorrow to make up for it :) My life right now is like a jar of Crunchy Jif-extra nutty! I borrowed the idea for this card from LeAnne Pugliese. Her blog is www.weeinklings.blogspot.com. The name of the card is Back to School Happy Birthday. Mine didn't turn out as cute as hers, but I thought it was a perfect birthday card for a teacher or anyone who has a birthday in September. I used a Basic Grey base and used my favorite Storytime DSP. I sponged a little Whisper White Craft Ink on the grey paper to make it look like a chalkboard. I used the set Bring on the Cake for the sentiment and the apple can be found in Perfectly Preserved, which is in the Holiday Catalog. I colored the letters in with Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red and Pool Party Markers. I ran the GoGo Boots Alphabet Die through the Big Shot using Wild Wasabi Cardstock.  That alphabet is now retired, but the current alphabet in the catalog was too big, so I had to go with this. I finished it off with a piece of Wild Wasabi Stitched Ribbon. And speaking of ribbon...during the month of September, for every $40 you spend, you get a FREE package of the new Stitched Satin Ribbon! Choose from the 5 new In Colors: Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple or Summer Starfruit. See more details on my DBWS under "Back to Spool" Promotion: www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net.  Thanks so much for stopping by tonight. I'll work extra hard tomorrow to have a bonus card for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment