Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DINOROAR CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a fun little boy card for you featuring the set Dinoroar. I have 2 grandsons, so I knew I was going to be needing this set. I took the idea from one of the catalogs and just changed the stamp set and colors. I couldn't find it in the current catalog-it must have been in the last one. Sorry, I'm too lazy to go check. I also stole the color scheme from the catalog. I used the colors in the Bandstand Simply Scrappin' Kit. I started with an Old Olive Base and used Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party and So Saffron Cardstock as well. I used a piece of DSP from the Brights Paper Stack and wrapped some Pool Party Baker's Twine around the card a couple of times.

I do remember now that this template was from the last catalog, because we no longer carry the Crop-o-Dile, so I had to get creative in making the tags. I used the small circle in the Owl Builder Punch for the center and used the largest Owl circle to punch it out. Then I stuck one of the Vintage Trinkets safety pins through the center and adhered them to the tags using Glue Dots. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White and punched it out with the Modern Label Punch. I thought it sort of resembled a dinosaur bone, so I trimmed it down a little to look like the real deal. I sponged around the edges a little to age it a bit. I stamped the grass images and punched them out with the Small Oval Punch. I finished it off with a Regals Brad. Thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure to come back tomorrow for a fun birthday card!

No comments:

Post a Comment