Tuesday, July 31, 2012

POLAR PARTY CARD:

Hello again! As promised, I have a bonus project for you since I was a slacker last night! This card was made using Polar Party. I had wanted to get this set last year, but I thought I'd hold off and see if it carried over to the new catalog. I was so happy to see these little cuties in there again. I normally don't CASE-Copy And Steal Everything-a project exactly as the original, but this one came pretty close! It may look familiar to you because I copied the sample in the catalog-p.23. I loved how the artist used the Adorning Accents Edgelits and Folder to look like snow in the background. I knew I wanted to use Pool Party Cardstock, but it was too plain, so I also stole their idea of the white embossed trees in the background. Perfect! I watercolored the little guys with Pool Party ink and a Blender Pen. I used Pool Party, Riding Hood Red and Pumpkin Pie Markers to color them in. I knew it would be way too cruel to make my Stamp-A-Stackers cut out 8 penguins and polar bears, so I opted to use punches instead. I used the 2 1/2" Circle Punch for the bear, the Extra Large Oval for the penguin and the 3/4" Circle Punch for the candy cane. I hung the candy cane with Pool Party Baker's Twine and hung that off of a piece of Pool Party Seam Binding. The sentiment is stamped in Riding Hood Red with the More Merry Messages set. Thanks so much for checking back! I'll have the last of  my Christmas in July cards tomorrow-make sure to swing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment