Tuesday, July 31, 2012

CHRISTMAS LODGE CARD:

Good morning to you! Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday. I got a Gymboree coupon in the mail and we took off for Coralville to do some clothes shopping for the boys! We didn't get home til about 11:30 and I was a beat pup, so I decided to get up early today and have this ready for you. I'll try to post another one later today to make up for it!

This card is made using Christmas Lodge and I paired it up with Be Of Good Cheer DSP. I inked the tree in Certainly Celery and stamped it off once. Then I colored in parts of the stamp with a Gumball Green Marker and stamped it onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I wanted to use Gumball Green because that is the green that is in the DSP. I was afraid it might be too bright for an elegant card like this, but I think it turned out nice. Next, I daubed-is that a word?-Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint on the En Francais Background Stamp and stamped it over the tree, which gave it a lovely subtle shimmer. I then stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler. It can be found in the new More Merry Messages set. Ignore the boo-boo, I must have moved it while I was stamping. Once I was done stamping, I put a double layer of the new Crumb Cake Scallop Tulle Ribbon on each side. It's really subtle and soft-I can't wait to work with it more. Next I punched a strip of Brushed Gold Cardstock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch and added a bow made with Crumb Cake Seam Binding. I tend to make 'cutesy' cards, but I wanted to give my Stamp-A-Stackers a little variety. I'm hoping I pulled it off. Thanks so much for stopping by this morning. Check back later for a little bonus! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. When you mentioned boo-boo I didn't have a clue what you were talking about until I opened up the bigger picture, and even so it still looks like it's supposed to be there. Your card is beautiful and I bet it shimmers so nicely in real life! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Amanda!

      Delete