Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CARD NIGHT CARD #3:

Hi there! Today I'm wrapping up the cards we made at Card Night last month. I'm sorry I missed posting a couple days in there-still adjusting to a newborn in the house!  This card may look familiar to you. I borrowed parts of it from the sample in the Occasions Mini. I used the Take It To Heart set and Loving Thoughts set, both in the Mini.

I started with a Very Vanilla base and added a Baja Breeze layer which I ran through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. I ran a sponge over it with Soft Suede ink to age it a bit. I used the Top Note Die in Soft Suede and tucked it under the Baja Breeze Cardstock. I punched a strip of So Saffron with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch, and stuck the banner on top of it.

I stamped the heart image in Basic Grey on Watercolor Paper and colored it in with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I used Blender Pens to smooth it out a bit and then spritzed it with Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol. I then ran it through the Big Shot using the brand new Hearts Framelit Dies.

I added a Baja Breeze Seam Binding bow with some Crochet Trim underneath. I added a Basic Pearl to the bottom and that's about it. I'm feeling a little guilty about missing a couple days of posting, so here's a few extra pictures I want to share with you.

These are our 2 grandbabies. Gabriel is 6 and Quinten is 2 months.

Gabe looks like a giant next to Quinten!

I think they're going to be good buddies! Have a wonderful day and get out and enjoy the sunshine! Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment