Friday, February 3, 2012

MAKE & TAKE SAMPLES:

I'm down to 5 more samples to share with you. These projects were made with products that were used for our Make & Take projects at Leadership. They all feature the Mixed Bunch and Loving Thoughts stamp sets in the Occasions mini. They gave us some ribbon, Baker's Twine, buttons, DSP, skewers and distressing ink in addition to the stamp sets. They had 9 M&T projects for us at Leadership and they were really fun projects, but we didn't get to see the projects they had made when we got our kits. We were told to make 5 projects 'My Way'-the theme of Leadership this year. We could use any tools or punches or dies that we wanted, but they wanted us to not add too many other embellishments other than what were provided. We could use a little, not a lot. These projects were a challenge for me. I'm not a big floral fan, and knowing I had to come up with 5 projects using 1 stamp set that was all flowers didn't sound like fun to me! We also got the Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit from the Occasions Mini---more flowers!

I decided to make the M&T projects first. I figured they were going to take me the most time, so I wanted to get them out of the way. Like I said, I wasn't really feeling the love with this bundle at first, but once I got to using all of the products and put my own spin on them, I was happy with what I came up with. This was the very first project I did. I thought it turned out pretty cute, so that gave me the push to move on to another project.

I used Blushing Bride, Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade Cardstock. The Baker's Twine is in Lucky Limeade and available in the mini catalog. I used the Daffodil Delight Ribbon and Brights Brads they gave us to use. They also gave us the Blossom Punch from the mini, so I used that to punch out the big flower after I had stamped the image with Whisper White Craft Ink. I used the leaves from the Bird Builder Punch and the mini flowers were made with the Boho Blossoms Punch. I added some Twitterpated DSP to the pages inside and added a little ric rac border using the Tasteful Trim Die. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey. I hope you like this little book. I'll have another one of my M&T projects to show you the next 4 days and then I'll show you the projects that the SU! Design Team came up with! Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, this card is adorable and the picture just doesn't do it justice! I have to know how you attached the twine to the card...do tell!

    ReplyDelete