Tuesday, February 21, 2012

THE BEST FOR LAST!:

Here's the last of our M&T's from Leadership, and it's my favorite. This Jar of Cards uses a wide mouth quart canning jar and hold 3 darling cards. The DSP is from the Twitterpated collection and I spritzed it with alcohol to make it easier to form around the top of the jar. Once I got it how I wanted it, I popped out the insert from the lid and screwed it on. I added a piece of Daffodil Delight Ribbon around it and tied a bow. The flower was made with one of the die cut flowers from the Blossom Builder kit on the bottom and another flower stamped with the Mixed Bunch set in and on Baja Breeze. I punched it out with the Blossom Punch and layered it with a dimensional. I added another die cut flower on top and added a Brights Button on top of that with some Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine. Next, I popped out one of the banners from the kit and stamped the sentiment with the Loving Thoughts set in Poppy Parade. I added a bit if Baker's Twine and stuck the skewer between the ribbon.

And here's the cute card that was tucked inside the jar. The base is Blushing Bride with a layer of the Twitterpated DSP on top. I punched out a pennant in Lucky Limeade, Baja Breeze and Daffodil Delight, using the Petite Pennants Punch and adhered them in a row. I wrapped some Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine around the DSP, and made a banner out of Very Vanilla Cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in Poppy Parade using the Loving Thoughts set, and stapled it onto the DSP. I aged it a bit by running the Tea Satin Spot from the Distressing Essentials kit  over it and curled the ends of the DSP up a little in the corners. These cards work with the Small Open End Envelopes, but I think I'd trim the cards down a bit so they fit in the jar a little better. I added a couple Baja Breeze flowers punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Pack and added a tiny pearl to the center of each. I wrapped a piece of Baker's twine around them for a sweet effect.

I thought this was a really fun project. If you're interested in making this adorable ensemble, let me know-this would make a wonderful Mother's Day project, except we'd need to add some chocolate of course! If you're interested in a Stamp Camp, contact me and we'll get something going. I hope you enjoyed these projects. I'll have something new and different tomorrow-I have no idea what, but something! Make sure to check back. Thanks for coming by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment