Thursday, January 5, 2012

FINALLY GOT 'ER DONE!

Sorry for the break...but it's been hardly a break. This took a lot longer than I thought it would. For you to fully appreciate it, I'm going to have to show you some 'before' photos:

No, this isn't an episode of Hoarders, althought it clearly qualifies!

To my defense... I had events up until December 5th, and then I had to have 24 projects sent to SU! by December 16. That left me with about 8 days to do the majority of my Christmas shopping, all the wrapping and baking. Once I got done with everything, my room became the dumping ground, so I could get the downstairs in shape. Another problem I have is closet space, or lack of it. Our house was built in 1902 and apparently they didn't need storage back then? I only have 3, and they are all filled to the gills!

Okay, back to the good ones. Here's my Big Shot station and some of my projects over the years.

I like having all of my cardstock, ink and punches close by. And my tunes of course!

This is where Olivia is sleeping right now. Quinten's room is right next door, so this is working for now. Her room is in the basement, so we had to adjust a bit. I'm not sure how it's going to work when I need to be in here working late or early-we'll soon see!

It feels good to have this done! I may just keep going with the rest of the upstairs-it's not even close to what this room was! So everything else will be a piece of cake! And now that my room is back in shape, I'm ready to get creating again. Hopefully I'll have something for you tomorrow. I just got a box of brand new Occasions Mini goodies yesterday, so I'm ready to dig in!

Today is the last day of the Clearance Rack Blitz-some things are 80% off! You have until midnight, so go check it out if you haven't already!

And an update regarding Quinten...he had his first check-up yesterday, and he is doing great! He only weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. when he was born a week ago, and he lost a little bit-down to 4 lbs. 8 oz. But yesterday he was back up to 4 lbs. 13 oz. The doctor said it usually takes a couple of weeks to get there, so he's ahead of schedule! Hopefully now that he's here, Grandma doesn't need to keep eating for two!  Thanks for your patience with me. Hopefully things will start getting back to normal around here again...well as normal as it's going to get for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura, you have been busy!!!!! Congrats on your beautiful new grandson and if it makes you feel any better about the state that you room was in, my husband tells me all the time that my "crap room" needs an intervention,lol!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete