Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HERSHEYS SNOWMAN:

This is one of the Make & Takes we did at my last workshop. I had seen the idea at Convention or the Minnesota Regional-can't remember which-but I remembered that I wanted to make him for Christmas. I started with a sheet of 6" x 5 1/4" Very Vanilla Cardstock, scored at 1 3/4", 2", 4" and 4 1/4" on the shorter side. I folded it around a Hershey Bar and adhered it with Sticky Strip on the back.
Next, I cut a piece of the Holly Berry Bouquet Fabric at 6" x 3". I folded the fabric at 1/4" on the short side and ironed it to have a finished edge. I cut a piece of the Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgain at 6" and folded it on half and ironed it. I put a piece of Sticky Strip on the inside of the ribbon and attached the fabric to the ribbon. I used Sticky Strip to attach the fabric/ribbon hat to the top of the Very Vanilla and wrapped it around. I added another piece of Sticky Strip to the finished edge of the fabric in the back and that made my hat. I tied it at the top with some Early Espresso Baker's Twine and a Mini Jingle Bell.
I added a scarf that was cut at 1" x 12" and tied it on a knot. I made his eyes and mouth by punching Chocolate Chip Cardstock with both sizes of the hole punches on the Cropodile. I punched the large heart with the Heart to Heart Punch out of Pumpkin Pie for his nose. I used a dauber in Rose Red for his cheeks.
I stamped the sentiment with the Occasions Alphabet in Real Red. I punched it out with the Oval Punch and layered it onto a piece of Wild Wasabi punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. I added a Holly Berry Bouquet Button tied with Espresso baker's Twine to finish it off. I hope you think he's as cute as I do and hope you'll try making a few for some of your Holiday gifts. Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment