Thursday, November 3, 2011

DEMO MEETING MAKE & TAKE:

Sorry I didn't get this posted a couple days ago like I said I was going to. I've been a little crazy the past few days getting ready for my annual Hostess Appreciation Night, which was tonight. And it's a good thing I skipped posting the past couple of nights, because I needed every extra spare minute I had. I got done making their favors 5 minutes before the first guest arrived! More about that tomorrow!

Now, let's talk turkey! This little box was made with the Mini Milk Carton Die. I cut out 2 in Pumpkin Pie and cut one section off of each-make sure it's the side without the tab-and you'll have a 6 sided box which I thought would work great for a pumpkin. I sticky stripped the bottom and rolled up a crimped piece of Crumb Cake for the stem. I cut a few notches in the bottom of the stem and sticky stripped it to the inside of the pumpkin. I put some candy corn and peanuts in a baggie and carefully wrapped it aroung the stem.

Oops, I need to back up a little bit. I also ran the Pumpkin Pie pieces through the Big Shot with the Stripes Embossing Folder. I stamped the tag with the Gift Givers set and punched it out with the Curly Label Punch. I colored the turkeys body with Crumb Cake and his feathers withe Soft Suede and Pumpkin Pie.

Next, I punched holes around the top with the Cropodile and threaded Pumpkin Pie ribbon through it. It works a lot better to put the tag on and then tie the bow-it's a really tight fit. Finally, I thread a skinny strip of Old Olive through a button, spritzed it with alcohol, and wrapped it around a skewer to make it curly. I popped the button on with a dimensional, and there's your pumpkin!

I am really beat, so I'm going to hit the sack. I'll have lots to share with you from my Hostess Appreciation Night, so be sure to check back. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment