Saturday, October 22, 2011

SPOOKY HOUSE!


 
This is a project I made for the Artisan Album on Facebook. SU! called last Wednesday wanting the 10 Artisan winners to each make a Halloween project to feature in a monthly album they are going to have every month. We had 1 week to come up with something! And I had so much going on, I couldn't even start on it til the night before at 9pm! I really do work best under pressure, but that was a little ridiculous! Here is a link to Facebook so you can see the other projects:http://www.facebook.com/stampinupfanpage.

For this haunted house, I used the Mini Milk Carton Die. I ran 4 of them through the Big Shot and Sticky Stripped them together. I covered the seams by making little cardstock strips for siding-yes, I am aware that I am insane! I made the steeple thing using the Petal Cone Die and Sticky Stripped that to the house. I used the Scallop Border Punch for the shingles on the roof.

Next, I made the windows using the new Peekaboo Die in the Holiday mini. I broke out my Silver Glimmer Paper, along with Rich Razzleberry and Pumpkin Pie to make the windows. I stamped and cut out several images from the Spooky Bingo Bits Stamp Set and popped them out of the windows. I added a little door with Always Artichoke trim and a Mini Library Clip for the handle.

For the finishing touch, I colored a toothpick with the Basic Black Marker and stuck it in the top of
 the roof and attached the little moon to it.

Hopefully they'll give us a little more notice for next month's project! I hope you enjoyed this and be sure to check out the other awesome projects-they're SPOOKtacular! Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Post a Comment