Thursday, October 27, 2011

SERVICE & SACRIFICE CARD:

This was the other card we made at card night last month. My nephew, James, is serving in Afghanistan and I've been meaning to get a card and a card package to him. Now I'm half way there! I used the Service & Sacrifice set. I have to admit, I'd thought of ordering this set just for the adorable little flag, but now I can justify getting the set.

I got the idea for the Baker's Twine cross stitching from Mary Fish. She had a really cute card on her Stampin' Pretty blog.  I call it the 'sewing without a needle technique'. I put a little bit of glue on the end of the twine and twisted it into a point. I threaded one piece diagonally through the Dotted Scallop strip, going in one direction, every other row. I threaded another piece of twine going in the other direction, and tied a knot on the end.

We no longer have a star punch and I don't have the Stars Die, so I punched out a flower using the 5 Petal Punch and trimmed the petals to look like a star. I placed it on the layered medallions from the Perfect Pennants Die. I used the Big Top Birthday DSP and added some Real Red Satin Ribbon to the medallion. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great night and check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment