Monday, August 8, 2011

ARTISAN AWARD PROJECT # 7: FATHER'S DAY CARD

Thanks for stopping by. I'd like to thank Connie Collins for all her help in getting my pictures ready for the Blog Hop. My hubby had snapped some as he was packing the box to ship, but some weren't very good. I took some of the display boards at Convention, but mine were even worse! Connie had pictures of all of my projects and she even searched other peoples sites to find better ones if needed! And she custom designed the beautiful watermark for each of us that you see on our projects. I wouldn't have been able to participate in the blog hop if it hadn't been for Connie's help. I'm very grateful to her and her dedication to this project!

I thought it was important to show alot of variety in my projects. And masculine cards are always a little challenging for me, so I thought I'd see if I was up to the challenge. My dad was the inspiration for this card. He can build anything-including a tv! He used to make us kites when we were kids, and once he even made us a pair of stilts! I think the best thing he built was all the great memories.

I used our Cork Sheets to resemble a peg board. Then I used brads to hang tools off of it. I used the Wood Sheets for the top of the card and to make the ruler out of. I made a little tool belt out of Soft Suede cardstock-a little sanding and faux stitching, and it looked like the real deal!

Supplies used for this card:
STAMPS: Totally Tool, Something To Celebrate, Sew Suite, Art By Design, Woodgrain.
STAMP PADS: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White.
STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS: Basic Black, Basic Grey, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade, So Saffron.
CARDSTOCK: Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede. Watercolor Paper.
PUNCHES: Corner Rounder, 1/16" Handheld Punch.
ACCESSORIES: Stamp A Ma Jig, Cropodile, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Paper Snips, Wood Sheets,
                             Cork Sheets, Aqua Painters, Vintage Brads, Vintage Trinkets, Twill Tape, Sponge
                             Daubers, Sanding Blocks, Hemp Twine, Crystal Effects, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals,
                             Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive, Staples.

Next stop...the fabulous Jenn.http://anewinkonlife.typepad.com

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaah, you are so welcome Laura! We couldn't have you missing out on the big blog hop! You deserve a lot of credit too. It takes a lot of work to jump in and create a blog in a short period of time. I just hate that we didn't have better pictures of all your projects, but at least we were able to show something. Lesson for today: Always make sure you have a good photo of your project before you send it away forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why your display had so many cards on it? I thought we were only to submit 5. I noticed you had more and wondered if they were part of a 3 d project. Nice work on this card. Love all the details!
    Debi Pippin
    FL

    ReplyDelete